The Engineering Management (EMGT) Program evaluates each application based on the combination of the applicant's plan of pursuing the degree, fulfillment of the prerequisites, undergraduate and/or other graduate GPA and background, GRE (or GMAT) scores, work experience, and references. Work experience is preferred but not required. All applicants have to submit all the required materials to the Graduate School. The Graduate School will forward only the complete packages to the EMGT Program and then the program will evaluate these completed application packages and send recommendations to the Graduate School.
Additional Admission Requirements
In addition to the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School, the Engineering Management program seeks the following from applicants to the M.S. in Engineering Management program:
- Either a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a closely related technical or scientific field, or a bachelor’s degree in business, provided relevant technical course requirements have been met
- Undergraduate coursework in engineering economics, calculus, or statistics
- An average grade of 3.0 (out of 4)
- GRE or GMAT.
GRE Waiver conditions:
- GRE is waived for applicants with more than 2 years of relevant industry experience and a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a US ABET accredited school.
- GRE is waived from applicants who have completed an SEEM Graduate Certificate Program with a GPA of 3.6 or higher.
Documents to be Submitted for Admission
- Transcript(s) showing a baccalaureate degree in engineering, engineering technology, or a scientific discipline, or a baccalaureate degree in business administration from an accredited college or university
- A satisfactory score on the General Test of the GRE or GMAT
- Written descriptions of any relevant and significant work experience
- Applicants whose native language is not English, will need to satisfy the UNC Charlotte Graduate School’s English proficiency requirements.
Undergraduate students with a GPA of 3.2 or above and with at least 75 semester hours completed toward a baccalaureate degree in Engineering, or Engineering Technology at UNC Charlotte may be admitted to the M.S. in Engineering Management program as an Early-Entry student provided they meet all other requirement of admission except the first item of the admission requirements.
Entry From the SEEM Graduate Certificate Programs
SEEM Graduate certificate students can apply for admission for the MSEM Program. They will be eligible to transfer their graduate certificate course credits if they received a B or above. GRE will be waived for students who graduated from the SEEM Graduate Certificate Program with a GPA 3.6 or higher.
Students should complete the online Graduate Application for Admission. Prospective students may obtain application materials directly from the Graduate School’s web site at http://graduateschool.uncc.edu, or request the forms through email (email@example.com) or telephone (704-687-5503).
International students should visit the web site for the Office of International Admissions at http://intladm.uncc.edu.
Prospective students may apply and take classes as a post-baccalaureate student while awaiting GRE scores and fulfilling the prerequisites. However, taking Engineering Management courses under post baccalaureate program does not guarantee your admission into the program. Post-baccalaureate students are required to upload unofficial transcripts in the application, demonstrate 3.0 GPA, submit a Statement of Purpose, and have completed or are presently enrolled in Calculus, Statistics, and Engineering Economics.