Dr. Linquan Bai received his Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA, in 2017. He worked as a consulting engineering at ABB Power Consulting, ABB Inc., Raleigh, NC, USA from 2016-2018. Since January 2019, he has been with the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, where he is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of System Engineering and Engineering Management.
Dr. Bai’s research interests include, but not limited to, power system optimization and economics, energy systems integration, electricity markets and energy storage. He has authored and co-authored over 40 technical papers in peer reviewed journals and international conferences. He serves as a reviewer for more than 20 journals and conferences, including IEEE Transactions on Power Systems/Sustainable Energy/Smart Grid, etc. He is a Member of IEEE and IEEE Power&Energy Society. He received Outstanding Reviewer Award from IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy (2017), Journal of Modern Power and Clean Energy (2017), Applied Energy (2016) and Electric Power System Research (2016). He was a recipient of the Best Conference Paper Award of the 2016 IEEE PES General Meeting.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2017
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Tianjin University, 2013
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Tianjin University, 2010
- EMGT 5201: Fundamentals of Deterministic System Analysis
- Power system optimization and economics
- Distribution and wholesale electricity markets
- Energy system integration
- Renewable energy integration
- Energy storage and microgrids
- X Fang, BM Hodge, L Bai, H Cui, F Li, “Mean-variance optimization-based energy storage scheduling considering day-ahead and real-time lmp uncertainties”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 7292-7295, 2018.
- C Wang, W Wei, J Wang, L Bai, Y Liang, T Bi, “Convex optimization based distributed optimal gas-power flow calculation”, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. 9, no. 3, 1145-1156, 2018.
- L Bai, J Wang, C Wang, C Chen, F Li, “Distribution locational marginal pricing (DLMP) for congestion management and voltage support”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 33, no, 4, pp. 4061-4073, 2018.
- X Li, R Zhang, L Bai, G Li, T Jiang, H Chen, “Stochastic low-carbon scheduling with carbon capture power plants and coupon-based demand response”, Applied Energy, vol. 210, pp. 1219-1228, 2018.
- Q Hu, F Li, X Fang, L Bai, “A framework of residential demand aggregation with financial incentives”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 9, no, 1, pp. 497-505, 2018.
Honors & Awards:
- Best Reviewer Award, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy (2017)
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of Modern Power and Clean Energy (2017)
- Outstanding Contribution to Reviewing, Applied Energy (2016)
- Outstanding Contribution to Reviewing, Electric Power System Research (2016)
- Best Conference Paper, IEEE PES General Meeting (2016)
- IEEE Member, IEEE PES Member
- Reviewers for more than 20 journals and conferences